This course is designed by the U.S. Department of Labor with the purpose of making our jobsites safer and to limit jobsite accidents and injuries. The 30-hour Construction Safety course provides a more in depth view of the O.S.H.A. safety and health standards of the construction industry. Participants learn about the rights and responsibilities of both the employee and the employer. Millwrights will also receive a UBC Millwright 16 hour safety course upon completion. Tools and/or supplies needed: Pen/pencil, notebook and highlighter. To register for this class applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Union Member in Good standing
- Proficient in technology (downloading apps, email, video, etc.)
- Strong internet connection
- Available for the entire allotted time of class
- Two available devices that can connect to internet, one which has a working front camera (Examples: laptop and tablet, laptop and mobile phone, tablet and mobile phone, mobile phone and mobile phone)
Tools and/or supplies needed:
- Free download of Zoom: https://zoom.us/
- Student Version of Socrative: https://b.socrative.com/login/student/
- Free Kahoot Apps: https://kahoot.com/
- Course Length: 5 Days (30 Instructional Hours)
- Designed for Craft: All UBC Crafts
- Pre-requisites: Must download free apps and create accounts for Zoom, Kahoot, and Socrative
- Upon Completion: This course awards a certification of completion issued by the OSHA Training Institute.
- Certificate Type: OSHA Training Institute issued.
- Certificate Expires :No expiration date.
- Refresher Requirement: None